"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." - Dalai Lama
This past weekend was filled with days I've yearned for. Days I've been planning in my head for forever. It was a weekend full of great food, cocktails, fun times, and most importantly quality time with some of my most cherished loved ones. Oh and let's not forget the fashion.
Friday night I decided to surprise my husband with a grown & sexy date night. It was Center City Restaurant Week here in Philadelphia, so what a perfect date. For those not familiar with Restaurant Week it's an ideal time to enjoy exquisite eats for cheap. We enjoyed 3 courses which would've cost a lot of coins for a measly $35/person. I choose Ocean Prime for our fare. The night was perfect filled with awesome food, Berries & Bubbles, love and a little night cap (wink).
Saturday the fun continued. It was my best fran, whom also just happens to be my cousins birthday celebrations. I started my Saturday with taking my CBS (COUSIN.BESTFRIEND.SISTER) to MAC for a makeover. Which followed by a surprise dinner that her sister and I orchestrated. The night was filled with deep conversation, laughter, and family style eats from Maggiano's.
I slayed for the GAWDS each night, Saturday's slay was my favorite though. I choose floral prints for the weekend to go along with the theme of blooming new beginnings. I have been falling in love with rompers and florals are my friend. Most women I know have scoffed at the fact I rock florals, but "Tuh" to them. Florals are no longer your granny's house coat pattern.
I couldn't tell you what happened Sunday because I slept the entire day away. The way my age is setup lol, I hate to admit it, but I can't go on like I used to. However this weekend was amazing. I had some dark days this past week and my hope was for a weekend like this. My focus has shifted from having expectations of what should be or what will be and just live in the moment. I'm making a conscious effort to enjoy the happiness of being alive, appreciating love and continuously remaining on a journey in the pursuit of joy. I pray to have many more memorable weekends like this one.
Continue to follow me on this journey!!!
Love & Light,
Xoxo Jane




No comments:
Post a Comment