Cinderelly, Cinderelly...Night and day, it's Cinderelly!"Make the fire, fix-a breakfast, wash the dishes,do the mopping..." Ever just have one of those days where everything just seems to fall apart. The story of my life right now. Well I'm learning that things fall apart to come together. My boyfriend/fiancé is kind of a big deal; to me he certainly is, but in his profession as well. He's doing the damn thang. He has a non-profit organization and we always have events to go to. Some days I'm all for playing dress up and putting on makeup because usually his events are the only times I get dressed. But last weekend I wasn't feeling it. A lot has been going on in my personal life and in his professional life as being his significant other I often wear many hats. Last weekend was a big deal I had been the Creative Director for a major project for his organization and the project which was a video was being premiered at one of the biggest events in the LGBT community. For the last week to prepare for this day I was a secretary, an accountant, an outreach person, a stylist and even the day of the event a taxi cab driver. Yes I was and plan to forever be His superwoman!!! Lol. Anyhow the Latex Ball is a major event in the LGBT community and it only comes around once a year. It's a grand event that started in 1989 to get out the HIV prevention message to the house and ballroom community. Its a lot of fun to watch the voguing, the runway, and too see all of the costumes and effects. Plus you never know who you'll run into. Last year I met Tamar Braxton (YES!!! I'm a proud Tamartian).
Soooo... this year was a big deal because our video was being premiered at the ball. However, nothing seemed to go right on premier day. The outfit I was supposed to wear looked like a nightgown, I hadn't gotten much rest from the evening before, my phone was having technical difficulties and I was on a schedule because I had to pick up one of the video participants from the bus station and get him and my boo over to the ball in time for the premier. Now I love NYC but I hate having to navigate around on my own. I needed to find a one stop shop for clothes and Sprint for my phone issues that also had parking. So I headed to Kings Plaza mall. Good idea. Nope not really. I found myself in a sea of unfamiliar territory and a girl like me can get acclimated to any mall, but ummm this one just... I don't know. It was almost like everyone could tell I was a tourist. I started my venture at Forever 21 I usually know exactly what's going to be on the racks and can grab and go, but lately I haven't been doing my normal web browsing so I was over it before it started. I then found myself in Fashion 2 Figure I remember the first time I went to this store was in Kings Plaza mall forever ago when it had just opened. I was a bit apprehensive about going because I always have to try things on and I end up getting more than what I came for. I was on a time limit and I did not have time for MY own SHENINIGANS... LOL.. I scoured through the store shopping off mannequins, that's my new thing. I wasn't certain about what I wanted. I tried two dresses on and I wasn't feeling them. The dresses were hawt but I was already hot, bothered, running behind schedule and having a Monica "Don't Take It Personal" moment. So I was ready to walk out of the store when I looked over at the clearance. Usually I can spend forever going through racks of clothes, but today I did not have the TIME or patience for it. The clothes gawds felt my energy and heard my silent prayers and voila I found this gem.
Thank you clothes Jesus. I love this dress, it is light, cool, comfortable, playful, and chic. I was uncertain if any of the accessories I had would match, but heck I had to make it work.
Bippity-boppity boo...
From my pictures you could never tell the hell I went through. I missed the video premier, played taxi, fell asleep in the car prior to getting dressed, but before the clock struck midnight my Prince Charming and I got dressed, we showed up, and showed out. I got to see some of the festivities didn't meet any celebs this year, but everything came together. My prints mixed well and I looked
effortlessly flawless.
Outfit Deets
Dress: Fashion to Figure
Shoes: Payless
Clutch: Stella McCartney
Watch: Micheal Kors
Oh yeah the face beat was by me and we were on the run in the car. #Talent
Until next time.
Love & Light,
Jane xo






U look stunning!!! Women r the backbone to all things....I am convinced! U took a hectic day and had a flawless outcome dress shoes clutch!!!! Not to mention ur face had a pretty glow...love love love
ReplyDeleteThank you baby for putting up with me and all of my shenanigans while taking care of everybody else all while looking flawless. I appreciate you more than you will ever know.
ReplyDeleteYour outfit came together wonderfully!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Were the shoes comfortable? I want to try a shoe like that but it looks like pain.
ReplyDelete